Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What can a 'Delete' teach you???


It was 21st Jan 2011.
I had come home to Hyderabad after 3 days of  recruitment drive to Aurangabad. Having taken a lot of snaps in these 3 days, i was eagerly waiting to transfer them to my laptop and then upload them on Facebook. I plugged in the camera cord and started selecting the pics to transfer.Instead of clicking on 'copy and paste',i selected 'Delete'.They were all gone. Yes, the much cherished pics of these 3 days and the other recruitment drives had all got deleted. I wasn't able to do anything and was  totally blank for sometime .How was i to get them back? If only time could be re-winded,then i'd click 'copy and paste' twice instead of 'delete' once.
        'Somethings are difficult to answer but ' Google' is always ready to lend a helping hand. Out of my curiosity i searched for softwares to retrieve the deleted pics from a camera.To my surprise i found a lot of links promising to get them back. But,there was a catch and most of them were paid.I remember having checked around 10 softwares that day and was thoroughly disappointed.I decided to give one final try and searched for the software on the Sony site itself. Yes,there was a software there too but would i have to pay anything for downloading was my biggest question? I carefully selected the options displayed and downloaded it. It definitely was for free.(Thats perhaps called virtual customer service)
                 I plugged in the cam and the retrieval started.Well, i wasn't too lucky again.Murphy's law had decided to support me a lot today and the cam ran out of charge.The process stopped midway.This meant,i had to wait for another 30-45 mins again before the process could be resumed. Ah! it seemed like a test of patience to me.I had to win this.
                   Time: 1.30 A.M
                   Task :Deleted photos retrieval
                   Status : Just started
                   Emotions : Anxious and irritated ( Over myself  ofcourse)
I decided to catch up on some reading to spend that 1 hr and before i could realize the status showed 'completed' .I slowly checked each photo. Finally i came to the ones i had deleted and found them too.My happiness knew no bounds.I felt like a scientist who had discovered something new that day. 
I quickly saved all of them onto separate folders and uploaded them too.

'Every mistake  has something to teach you'. I had never believed in this statement as much as i had done that day.Indeed a simple 'delete' had taught me a lot about a new software.I had learnt that some memories just cannot be erased.

And here go my thankyou(s).....
I would like to thank Sony website and the developers of the software without whom this would not have been possible.Thankyou for teaching me a lesson i would never ever forget.
You'd be happy to know that i have  been promoting this software of yours through word-of-mouth marketing ( Brand Loyalty).

This was one of those days where i had not given up and the result had been very fruitful indeed.


Make 'Google' your best friend.


It has answers to almost every question. 
It will help you all the time.
It will help you win some hearts and minds too.
It will never let you down.
It does not expect anything in return.











      

No comments:

Post a Comment