Wednesday, October 6, 2010

THE SPORTS EUPHORIA....


Sports had never interested or excited me as much as it does now. My watching of cricket was limited to a  'India-Pak' match ,a 1 day ofcourse. T 20 also seemed good at times since these matches would get over fast. As for the other sports, i preferred taking the help of the newspaper (just to keep myself updated).

   The CWG seems to have  brought  in a lot of wealth for me in the form of ' Sustained Interest' and 'High Excitement'.Suddenly i ve started watching a lot of sports on TV. From Tennis to weightlifting, Swimming to Shooting, i seem to be enjoying them equally.So much so that i ve subscribed to a lot of CWG alerts on my mobile.

' India wins its first gold' , ' Another gold for India at the CWG', 'Its raining gold for India today'. Wow...i loved reading all the  tweets that kept coming every 2 mins. Just as i was about to put the phone inside, it beeped again. At the same time my boss called me to update him on the project i was working on. I wondered why the Beep and the Boss had to follow each other so closely??I came back after 20 mins and quickly read the message. Woah....I wanted to scream .The message read' India beat Australia by 1 wicket to win the 1st Test in Mohali'.I was super excited. It had been India's day on the sports field since morning and more was to follow very soon. The excitement of seeing your country win is way above everything else. I guess its time we brought in more youth icons from the sports arena than our very dear Bollywood.

 With a sustained interest successfully achieved the next thing on my list is to watch a cricket match live sitting in a stadium.These are experiences you don't wanna miss .

 'Laxman for India very very special.' was the last message before my phone ran out of charge. Call me biased but the 'very very special' Laxman  is also a Hyderabadi himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment