Monday, October 4, 2010

Simplicity Personified

Confidence, Elegance,Humbleness and Simplicity....she had them all. Since morning she had been busy welcoming all the guests for her niece's marriage.It was a high profile marriage and one could see a lot of shimmer and glamor around. Yet,she stood out in the crowd. I had been watching this lady since a very long time. At that time i only knew her as the bride's aunt. It was only later i got to hear more about her. Even an introduction like this is too short for the lady i'm referring to...Mrs Rama Bijapurkar. I could not talk to her for a long time but will always cherish the short conversation that i had with her.
  As soon i came home,i goggled her name to know more as all this while i'd heard the guests  praising her a lot.I was pleasantly surprised at what i saw.Mrs Bijapurkar....an IIM -A passout ,member of board for several companies like M&M,Crisil etc; author of 'We are like that only' ; guest speaker at the country's top mgmt schools and an Independent management consultant.(This is the time when you thank google the most..perhaps all of us are indebted to it in a lot of ways and several times):)
 There was something about Mrs Bijapurkar that made me admire her from the very first moment .I guess this was those one of the few times where i had met a lady with so many achievements to her credit and yet so humble in person. Even today the first name that comes to my mind when questioned about my role moder is Mrs Bijapurkar.I love explaining the reason to all around me.
Its been almost 2 years since i met her last. Yet , her magnetic and vibrant personality is etched strongly in my memory. Last week , i was an interview of hers on the TV. Dressed elegantly in a cotton Saree ,she preferred her office as the venue for the interview. I couldn't help but extend my coffee break for not wanting to miss the show.
They say an experience teaches you a lot. I believe that be it be anybody's story,there is something to learn each time. My experience of meeting her has had a positive impact on my life. 
At the top there is place only for few and Mrs Bijapurkar has made that place permanent.To me she is certainly a personality to 'Emulate'.

No comments:

Post a Comment