Sunday, September 11, 2011

ADVENTURE...HERE I COME..YET AGAIN !!!


It was the month of May and I was getting terribly bored of waiting for my joining date of an IT company. Having come from Pune a month back; I was missing all my activities there that kept me on my toes all day long. Little did I know that Hyderabad; the city of opportunities had a lot to offer on weekends as well. While browsing through various clubs in the city; I came across GHAC; a not for profit organization that kept me engaged from the very first click on their site.
 The concept of Meetups seemed very interesting and different. In fact, some of the places mentioned there sounded exciting as I was hearing them for the first time. After scrolling through all the Meetups, I decided to join in for a trek at Ammuguda on 5th June 2011.My name went up in the waiting list for this meetup as I was a little late in my confirmation. I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to make it to the confirmed list or not. It was the morning of June 3rd and the first mail in my inbox read ‘Your status has been moved to confirmed.’ WOW….The day had indeed begun well and I was certainly not complaining. 
On the morning of the trek, I woke up very early and made my way to the venue right on time. Ammuguda being close to my house seemed convenient for a first time trek in Hyderabad. Minutes after my reaching the trek spot, the other trekkers started coming in. After a brief round of introductions, I began my much awaited trek .From rock climbing to chimney climbing to sliding down the rocks; I had started loving the rocks. Never ever had I experienced so many techniques of adventure with the rocks. It was certainly a worthwhile experience. The enthusiastic shutterbugs ensured not to miss on any moment and kept their cameras ready throughout.
 After 2 hours of trekking, it was time to go back but with a promise to stay in touch and attend more meetups .I had met all these people for the first time yet it didn’t take any time to build a rapport with them. Together we all had spent our Sunday morning in something that each one of us was passionate about. The one word that had bonded all of us was ‘Adventure’. ‘Meetup, was started in USA on the 9th September 2001.Today on the same date, I feel very proud to be associated with all such organizations which are definitely making their presence in the city. I wait for the weekends not because I’ll get to sleep more but for a new adventure waiting for me. There is excitement in some experiences and GHAC ensures you carry back home a lot of it whenever you go in for their Meetup. In short,

Live the life you love.
Love the life you live.













No comments:

Post a Comment